Jain Community of WA is pleased to invite you and your family to celebrate Paryushan Mahaparva 2018, starting from Thursday 6th September 2018 to Thursday 13th September 2018 (Samvatsari).
Let us all join together to celebrate the most auspicious festival of Jainism - A Festival for Forgiveness!!
Please check the schedule of events at http://jainsperth.org.au/calendar/list/
Please contact Dineshbhai on 0449094350 or email@example.com for :
- Hosting Lunch for Kalpeshbhai & Shasanbhai
- Those who are interested in sponsoring prabhavna on Samatsari Pratikraman Day – Thursday 13th September 2018
Some Important Notes
- During Paryushan, ideally, one shall perform 17 Pratikraman - Morning & evening Pratikraman during the 8 days of Paryushan and morning Pratikraman on Parna day.
- Anyone performing evening Pratikraman must not eat after sunset.
- Anyone performing morning Pratikraman must have stopped eating prior to sunset on previous day.
- During Paryushan, one shall confine meal intake between Navkarshi & Sunset time and avoid eating green vegetables (Jain should not eat root vegetables).
- Anyone performing any Tapasya (Ekasanu, Biyasanu, Upvas, Aayambil) must drink boiled water and have meals between Porsi & Sunset time only. It is also important to take appropriate pachchakhkhan.
- Please bring your own Katasana and other Pratikraman gears that you might have. We have made arrangements for all those who do not have.